Radio-Sonographer Job, Medical Jobs Kenya 2021,
Nairobi Adventist Hospital (NAH) is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church-established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC) of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD).
Reports to: THE RADIOLOGIST IN-CHARGE
The jobholder will support the implementation of processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of a Radio Sonographer include carrying out all routine diagnostic radiographs and ultrasound at the center.
- To undertake initial patient evaluation, provide a range of diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound, doppler and ECHO examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value. on patients and produce high quality images whilst ensuring that radiation doses are kept to a minimum.
- To provide a high standard of technique and patient positioning and ensure that standards are maintained.
- Lead the department Quality Assurance equipment testing initiatives.
- To develop and implement a Picture Archive & Communication system for reviewing images and reports.
- Ensure proper documentation and management of patient’s records.
- To develop a sound knowledge of the equipment used in order to be aware of malfunctions and errors and to report such to a Lead Radiographer.
- To use ultrasound testing to view the fetus in the womb to determine size, weight and/or gender, along with any potential problems with the fetus.
- To maintain daily logs of patients seen and perform routine maintenance of machines.
- Develop and Implement Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Imaging department and keep up to date with health and safety guidelines, including ionizing radiation regulations, to ensure safety of patients’ staff and self.
- To provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Radiology & Sonography or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Radiation Protection Board.
- Be a registered member of Radiation Protection Board.
- At least 2 years’ experience working under a qualified Radiologist.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and technology.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to [email protected]
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference P. O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.