Theatre Nurse Job, Nursing Jobs Kenya 2021,
Nairobi Adventist Hospital (NAH) is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church-established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC) of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD).
REPORTS TO: Nursing Officer In Charge of Theatre
The theatre nurse shall be responsible in promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality services with special focus on surgeries to meet the needs of patients.
- Assessing patient’s status, reviewing charts/file, identifying patient and verifying surgical site upon arrival from the ward
- Take measures to ensure patient’s comfort and provision of psychological support to the patient
- Participate in packaging, Sterilization and dispatching of theatre consumables
- Managing and Communicating patient’s emotional status to other appropriate theatre team members
- Maintaining aseptic /safe controlled environment
- Managing human resources, equipment, and supplies for individualized patient care
- Receiving patients from ward, confirming theatre list, and handing over patients once stable enough to be in the ward
- Managing patient flow in theatre Department
- Participating in surgical procedures as a scrub nurse
- Transferring patient to operating room table, Participate in Positioning the patient on the operating table and to recovery area after operation
- Ensures that the sponge, needle, and instrument counts are correct before and after the procedure
- Institute measures to promote normal body temperature of the patient during operation e.g., providing warm intravenous fluids
- Determine patient’s immediate response to surgical intervention by doing assessment
- Maintain patient’s safety (airway, circulation, and prevention of injury)
- Administer medications, fluid and blood if Prescribed
- Managing of consumable non-consumable surgical supplies
- Timely reporting of any malfunctioning equipment for repair
- Ensuring all patients are charged in relation to the procedure performed and consumable supplies used e.g., drugs
- Monitoring of blood/fluid loss during operation
- Communicating intraoperative information to the respective ward staff including type of surgery performed and anesthetic used
- Report patient’s response to surgical procedure and anesthesia.
- Describe intraoperative factors e.g., insertion of drains, administration of blood, analgesic agents, or other medications during surgery and occurrence of unexpected events
- Taking vital observations before/after surgery and reporting any changes in patient’s vital signs
- Communicating to relevant parties e.g., anesthetists, Surgeons and MO’s
- Assisting anesthetists during induction
- Ensuring theatre equipment are in good working condition
- Documenting any events during surgery
- Receiving and taking care of newborns during cesarean section
- Any other duties that may be allocated by the Management
- Diploma in Community health Nursing (KRCHN) or BSN from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Perioperative Nursing will be an added advantage
- At least Three years of experience in Perioperative nursing
- Must have Certification in BLS
- ACLS Certification will be an added advantage
- Experience in Laparoscopy will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to [email protected]
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference P. O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.