Oncology Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs Kenya 2021,
Nairobi Adventist Hospital (NAH) is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church-established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC) of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD).
REPORTS TO : NURSE MANAGER
Overall responsibility to ensure all oncology clients have been reviewed and their cancer treatment initiated as per the protocols.
- Assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care to patients and clients having been diagnosed with cancer using the nursing process framework.
- Undertake screening services for various cancers and help diagnose patients early.
- Work with the Oncology team to navigate patients through the cancer treatment journey.
- Support clients who have been diagnosed of cancer psychologically through their journey to recovery.
- In collaboration with the finance team ensure clients get appropriate insurance approval to facilitate smooth treatment.
- Ensure the chemotherapy protocols have been administered as per the set-out policies and guidelines
- Champion safe handling of cytotoxic drugs and appropriate disposal of waste.
- Run survivorship programs to promote the mental health of patients and improve care outcomes
- Run Hospice services and palliation to improve quality of life
- Participate in community outreach programs and creation of awareness about cancer and its treatment
- Give specialist advice to the Nurse manager in regard to the Oncology nursing care
- Champion quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in theatre as advised by the Quality Lead.
- Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly reports about the unit are timely generated and submitted appropriately
- KRCHN or BSc. N
- Post-Basic Qualification in Oncology Nursing
- At least 2-years’ experience working in an oncology unit
- MUST be registered and hold a current license by the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK)
- BLS/ACLS strongly preferred
- Compassionate skills
- Team leading skills
- Effective communicator
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to [email protected]
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference P. O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.