Critical Care Nurse Job, Nursing Job Vacancies In Kenya 2021,
Nairobi Adventist Hospital (NAH) is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church-established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC) of the East-Central Africa Division (ECD).
Critical Care Nurse
REPORTS TO: NURSE MANAGER
Providing high-quality critical nursing care while observing established treatment protocols
- Identifying a patient’s specific and critical needs and adopt a care plan as necessary to meet those needs.
- Performing approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s clinical status.
- Advocating for the patient’s and family’s needs and proving emotional support for both the patient and their families.
- Setting up and monitoring medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators, alarms, oxygen delivery equipment, etc.
- Providing special therapies i.e., dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, mechanical ventilation, and inotropic support.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standards, and procedures of nursing care.
- Participating in professional organizations and continuing education to improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity and according them privacy.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patient’s families, and all other caregivers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Supporting Charge Nurse in administrative roles, monitoring staff performance and staff development.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients’ wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by the Nursing Council of Kenya and the laws of Kenya.
- Safe-guarding Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Reporting all complaints and incidents to the In-charge as they occur.
- Prioritizing nursing care for critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Provide effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Providing mentorship to junior nurses and students
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
- KRN, KRM/KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nurse.
- 4 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Mentorship training.
- BLS Certified
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative & customer care skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to [email protected]
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference P. O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.