Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Community Engagement Officer Job, Other Professions,
P.O.BOX 63704 – 00619, NAIROBI
P.O.BOX 164 – 20320, KINAMBA
Job Title: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
Reports To: DIRECTOR
Station: Mukutan Conservancy (formerly Laikipia Nature Conservancy, Ol Ari Nyiro).
Contract Duration: 1 year (renewable) from 1st July 2021
Key relationships: All Conservancy Staff, Conservancy Community Committee, Community Groups, Community Schools and Healthcare Establishments, Project
Community Centre Staff and Local Government Administration.
Mukutan Conservancy (formerly Laikipia Nature Conservancy, Ol Ari Nyiro), is located on the Western Laikipia plateau, overlooking the Great Rift Valley. It has a rich diversity of indigenous plants and wildlife. It neighbours pastoral and farming communities who interact with the conservancy through sharing of common natural resources, mainly water and pasture. The Conservancy’s mission is to be the leading example of a values-based organisation, working with communities to conserve its landscape of unique flora and fauna by reconnecting nature, culture and wellbeing, and building social enterprises. Among its five priority strategic objectives for the period 2020-2030 includes: Working in partnership with local communities to manage shared natural resources and enable prosperous lives.
Mukutan Conservancy is seeking a Community Engagement Officer. The ideal candidate will provide support in strengthening community partnership engagement in the development of a community strategy. The strategy will cultivate joint working responsibility and ownership in conserving shared natural resources to safeguard the local farmers and pastoral livelihoods, as well as the biodiversity of the conservancy.
• Supporting community and stakeholder dialogue to cultivate partnerships in management and sharing of common natural resources, which includes grazing and water, to promote joint working in conservation and livelihoods development.
• Supporting development and effective implementation of the monitoring tools for community engagement and dialogues.
• Support the delivery of all necessary livelihoods and social baselines to inform, design and development of a Community Development Programme for Mukutan Conservancy.
• Ensuring the collection, documentation and submission of timely and accurate data on community engagement to the line manager.
• Supporting development of a database for Mukutan Community projects and designing of tools to monitor and evaluate impact.
Project Strategy Formulation and Monitoring.
• Actively participate in the development of Mukutan community strategy by ensuring that all community groups’ needs and views, including women and youth, are captured whilst checking expectations.
• Identifying training needs for communities and advising the management.
• Designing and facilitating relevant trainings for selected community groups on topics such as nature conservation and biodiversity.
Reporting and Documentation
• Preparing and sending regular progress reports of all community engagement activities to management.
• Maintaining proper records of all activities relating to the project.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Personal skills and attributes required
How to apply
Interested candidates to send their applications and current CV including 3 references and salary expectation to [email protected], copied to [email protected] with the Email Subject as “Application for Community Engagement Officer.” Only candidates who meet the job requirements will be shortlisted and contacted for interview. All applications must be received by 20th May 2021.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter