Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
IB Teacher of Geography Job, Current Teaching Jobs,
Position: IB Teacher of Geography
Planning and Delivery
• Prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson and unit plans and resources based on IB guidance and philosophy.
• Produce documents such as Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc.
• Differentiate lessons in order to meet learners’ needs.
• Deliver lessons that incorporate IT, active learning strategies and assessment for learning.
• Set meaningful home learning, mostly using the FLIPPED learning approach.
• Contribute and participate in intervention programs.
• Assess work using a range of assessment for learning techniques
• Develop assessments in line with IB requirements.
• Provide effective verbal and written feedback to learners in good time
• Contribute to setting and moderating formative and summative assessments in line with IB guidance
• Analyze learners’ progress to inform future teaching and intervention.
• Produce reports for academic clinics, students and parents.
• Administer examinations effectively.
• Manage teaching time through punctual and consistent attendance and observance of school timetable
• Manage students’ behaviour in the classroom, on school premises and on trips
• Utilize resources efficiently to enable effective outcomes
• Use Academy data management systems such as ManageBac
• Develop and maintain a stimulating teaching environment, including producing engaging displays.
Other Professional Responsibilities
• Undertake pastoral duties, including that of a form tutor so students are adequately supported through their school journey.
• Participate in, organize and guide co-curricular and life skills activities.
• Actively contribute to subject and pastoral teams.
• Take ownership of own professional development and participate in CPD provided by the Academy.
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and relevant liaison and communication with staff and other stakeholders.
• Attend to duties assigned.
• To undertake any other additional tasks as may be reasonably required by the Head of Department, IB Coordinator and Director Teaching and Learning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent.
• At least 4 years in similar role in an IB World School
• MUST be registered or eligible for registration with Teachers Service Commission
• Must have a proven track record of academic excellence in the same role
• Must have at least CAT 1 IB professional Development workshop certification in a similar role
How to apply
Please send your applications to [email protected] not later than Friday 30th April, 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.