Campus Registrar, Finance, Administration & Marketing Jobs at Mount Kenya University
This position reports to the Campus Director and will be responsible and accountable for ensuring high staff performance and compliance to the university policies and procedures, prudent management of the University’s resources and oversee the implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
This position will work closely with Heads of departments & Deans of Schools on matters relating to Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Administration.
Campus Registrar Job Responsibilities
- Implementing and coordinating administrative, human resources, finance and marketing procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline processes at Campus level.
- Effective implementation of the division’s service charter
- Enhancement of updated staff and student records
- Coordinating safety and security matters, Central services which include; procurement, telephone, water supply among others.
- Preparation of annual budgetary estimates
- Allocation of funds to the user departments
- Control of expenditure, level of University debtors and advising on cost saving measures
- Estates Management
- Continuously carry out cost benefit analysis for academic and non-academic sections. This will enhance sustainability of the center operations
- Analysis, appraisal and implementation of staff support facilities
- Ensuring proper implementation of staff development
- Ensuring proper oversight of all center operations
- Overseeing staff welfare and ensure proper public relations
- Supervision and coordination of all activities related to planning and marketing
- Implementing monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Formulating and implementing the marketing policy.
- Enhancing the corporate image of the University.
- Strengthening the marketing of the University’s programmes and activities
- Effectively dealing with all matters related to public relations and protocol
- Performing any other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the Director, Campus.
Qualifications for the Campus Registrar Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, Human resources, Commerce or Marketing
- 3+ years’ experience in Administration, HR, Marketing or/and Finance in a University setting or similar environment.
- Proven experience as Administration manager
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address, a detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization.
- Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 12th September, 2017.
- Electronic application can be sent in PDF format by email to [email protected].
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, Thika,
General Kago Road,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.