Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs 2020, Biovision Africa Trust Jobs
Biovision Africa Trust (BvAT), a not-for-profit organization established in Kenya in 2009 by the Swiss-based Biovision Foundation for Ecological Development, is situated on the main campus of the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) in Kasarani, Nairobi. The Trust’s goal is to alleviate poverty and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers in Kenya and other African countries, through dissemination of information and knowledge on appropriate technology, to improve human, animal, plant, and environmental health. BvAT supports the Biovision Farmer Communication Programme (FCP), the Ecological Organic Agriculture Initiative (EOA-I) and other agro-based initiatives in Africa.
BvAT is seeking to recruit a qualified person for the position below:
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Purpose & Scope
Reporting to the BvAT Executive Director, the M&E Officer will responsible for all monitoring and evaluation activities in BvAT. The role supports all BvAT programmes in designing, implementation and reporting on all M&E activities.
- Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning
- Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating
- Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, partners and
- Establish and coordinate monitoring systems including data collection, analysis and review
- Ensure information gathered through monitoring activities is shared as per BvAT policies and
- Providing support to project design and activities including strategic frameworks (Results framework, log frames etc)
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist the program teams to determine performance and impact indicators and targets
- Implement monitoring systems and designing monitoring tools
- Develop data collection tools
- Monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results
- Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Support programme team for reporting, data collection and in needs assessments
- Conduct regular data quality audits and ensure adherence to quality control measures.
- Support the dissemination of M&E results to
- Support the quantitative data management and analysis to inform project decision- making
- Lead the collation of Quarterly, Semiannual and Annual project progress
- Track, manage and review all project reports, and collate lessons learned to inform programmatic
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and time-frames as relevant
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the management on improving project performance using M&E
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelors degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social sciences or related qualification from a credited institution of higher
- A course/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis
- Experience in planning and managing
- Experience in developing and refining data collection
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Excellent analytical
- Good computer applications
- Good organizational
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet
- Ability to work in diversified
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture
- Fluency in oral and written Swahili and English
- Have strong relationship
- Excellent time
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 10th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.