Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Jobs, NGO Jobs 2020, SOS Village Jobs,
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic mature persons to become Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant for SOS Children’s Villages – Busia.
Key Functions of the Job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Responsible for establishing a reliable and consistent set of output and outcome Indicators for all program activities in the location.
- Regularly review and update of the program participants database in line with the requirement of the SOS CV federation database and SOS CV-Kenya secondary database
- In Liason with the national office M& E Co-ordinator, improve the M&E system by seeking stakeholder inputs through consultations with practitioners in other organizations.
- On regular basis , monitor program implementation progress against the baseline survey.
- Develop, in coordination with the programme teams, a system to ensure that the program planning, including inputs and targets, is aligned with the overall program results framework and other types of M&E indicators.
- Synthesize and analyse data for summary and thematic reports on M&E findings.
- In consultation with the FS Co-ordinator, manage the process for regular reporting on findings and co-ordinate community development workers for the dissemination of information.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
- Ensure quality assurance of all donor and grantee reports (ensuring donor reports precisely respond to the reporting indicators and requirements as well as ensuring all grantees report accurately on all the key result areas as documented in their grantee agreements)
- Any other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in project planning & management / Development Studies or related disciplines.
- Knowledge in numerical methods and database management
- Prior experience with performance monitoring and evaluation for development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis.
- At least 2 years progressive experience in the development and implementation of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation policies & processes in a multi sector programme environment.
- Previous experience in child focused organizations is an added advantage.
- Skills and experience with numerical methods,database management and MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong report writing skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How To Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the Human Resources department to reach us on or before 15th June 2020 by email to: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.