Senior Quality Control Officer Job, Latest Quality Assurance Jobs Kenya,
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 300+ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko is looking for an individual with demonstrable leadership experience within a production environment with knowledge of raw materials and a passion for quality systems analysis. The Senior Quality Control Officer will work to ensure that quality and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
ROLE IN BRIEF
Structure, Organization, and Systems
- Develop and maintain new quality procedures and systems that track compliance to standards and processes for products as well as measure quality performance in production
- Develop training materials for the team based on the current quality manufacturing guidelines
- Monitor recipe performance based on the materials available on the floor and proactively initiate trials to improve quality and productivity
- Ensure adherence to the quality standards and testing processes for all the raw materials, intermediate and final products
- Monitor material variance to establish possible material losses in the processes and propose solutions for mitigating these losses
- Constantly make improvements to the quality control processes to have them leaner and more effective
Regulatory and Compliance
- Ensure all existing quality standards and manufactured products are meeting customer and regulatory standards (KEBS) and any other applicable standards
- Ensure that all products leaving the factory are of the highest quality by offering guidance on non-conformance and conducting investigations around Customer complaints and owning the implementation of initiatives from the corrective and preventive actions
- Provide support to the production team in developing recipes for materials that can assist them to access the quality of the new products
- Work with the production team to come up with waste management recipes
- Work with the product development and sales/marketing team to come up with realistic durability tests for our products
- Develop testing methods based on in-house available testing tools and in alignment with market standards.
- Coordinate acquisition of testing equipment and materials in production.
- Oversee the testing priorities and develop a testing budget based on the needs of production
- Responsible for giving approvals for mainstream formulations based on data
Leadership & People Management
- Build accountability in the team by ensuring work roles in the different sections are well defined with clear growth and a work plan for the year
- Provide support and mentorship to the quality control officers through one-on-one mentorship
- Build in open communication channels/culture in the team through meet-up sessions and discussions on the QC WhatsApp group to encourage the team to speak up on issues affecting their performance
- Develop a staffing plan for the quality department and anticipate staffing needs that align with the growth of the company
- Track labor ratios for the department to match with the labor budget for the department
- Clearly communicate the safety policy of the company to the team
- Carry out in-house audits to ensure adherence to the safety guidelines
- Issue personal protective equipment to team members
- Take the lead in root cause analysis for incidents and following up on fixing unsafe acts reported by the team
Communication & Feedback
- Communicate criteria changes and quality standards to shift inspectors and manufacturing personnel
- Provide timely feedback to senior management on the overall quality performance of raw materials, intermediates, and final products.
- Take lead in driving cross-departmental conversations on quality
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Sciences, Industrial chemistry, engineering or related fields
- You have at least 4 years of working experience in quality control/assurance duties in a production environment
- You have strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- You have strong ICT knowledge in system handling, data entry, and analysis
- You have excellent report writing skills to prepare complex reports
- You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- You have knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- You are a team player with strong leadership skills and problem-solving capabilities
- You possess high levels of integrity and ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision
- You have experience in project management coupled with strong coordination and planning skills
- You are eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
How To Apply
Visit moko.co.ke/careers to apply online/ Apply Here- All Positions
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.