Head Teacher Job, Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Head Teacher
Reports to: Education Officer
Supervises: Deputy Head Teacher, Teachers, Logistics & Accounts Assistant, Security Staff, Social Workers
The position is responsible for providing leadership and management for the school/center while ensuring holistic transformation of the learners through provision of high-quality education, spiritual formation, basic health care and psychosocial support.
- School Management
- Ensure implementation of the overall education strategies and program plans for the school
- Implement and monitor annual action plans in collaboration with the Education Officers, ensuring school programs are run smoothly, efficiently and effectively on a day to day basis for both curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Support the overall budgeting and manage the budget implementation and monitoring process for the School.
- Ensure proper use of all school assets in the school/center while maintaining up to date asset register.
- Maintenance of academic and other school records.
- Organizing the teaching and support staff
- Ensure teamwork and delegate duties and responsibilities among teaching and support staff while maintaining the overall center supervision.
- Ensure constant training of staff in line with changes in the curriculum and other developments.
- Ensure staff adherence to professional code of ethics and discipline. 3. Performance Management
- Ensure every staff at the Centre has signed their job descriptions and performance scorecards/targets for the year.
- Take lead in setting measurable performance standards in all areas of operations of theschool.
- Continuously monitor staff performance and hold joint and individual meetings for feedback.
- Ensure performance appraisal for all staff in the center are done with specific recommendation made for each staff.
- Ensure the Deputy Head Teacher – Academics check professional documents and ensuring the records are in use.
- Ensure the Social Workers effectively carry out student recruitment and other
- School Fees Collection
- Ensure collection of approved monies through the set channels and receipting of the same.
- Ensure proper record keeping of the revenue collected.
- Ensure periodic reconciliation of all financial transactions done at the school/center.
- Communication and public relations functions
- Promote harmonious relations and linkages between the school and stakeholders. • Ensure timely and accurate information is communicated to the students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Champion the MOHI brand (DNA) in the school, community and other government forums.
- Discipline of staff and students
- Ensure implementation of the classroom management strategies i.e. teaching with love and logic, Positive Behavior Support and Teachers Expectations Students Achievement (TESA).
- Ensure total Adherence to the Children’s Act and other statutory regulations regarding children rights including MOHI’s Child Protection & Safety Policy (CPSP). • Support the development and implementation of school rules and regulations • Establish strong discipline committee, prefects’ body and a guidance and counseling department.
- Promote teaching of life skills at classroom level as per the curriculum. 7. General Administration Duties
- Implement proper procurement processes at the school to ensure efficiency and effectiveness while minimizing costs and controlling wastages and or pilferage. All requisitions, including exam requisitions, to be completed in a timely manner.
- Good management and accounting for petty cash and other resources at the school, making sure proper records are maintained.
- Ensure proper management of the school feeding programme.
- Ensure that all pupils are in the right school uniform and are neat and well kempt. • Oversee the maintenance of the buildings and facilities and monitor construction projects at the Centre.
- Ensuring orderliness in the school compound at all times.
- Ensure the logistics of visitors in the welcoming, center-level activities and the farewell. Ensure proper orientation of visitors is conducted throughout the school compound.
- Health and Safety
- Ensure the safety, security, health, and welfare of pupils and staff. 9. Secretary to the PTA
- Organizing PTA meetings.
- Taking PTA minutes.
- The link between the teachers and the PTA members.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Qualification with 5 years experience in an educational institution. P1 and/or Diploma holders with over 10 years of success in school leadership will also be considered.
- A certificate / Diploma in Leadership, Education Management, Guidance, and Counseling, or any other relevant professional courses is an added advantage to this position.
- Ability to analyze data, review whole school systems, and make recommendations for an appropriate course of action for whole school improvement.
- Core leadership and management skills.
- Ability to plan and implement strategies for successful achievement of agreed goals. • Be an effective team player that works collaboratively and effectively with others. • Communicate effectively to a wide range of different audiences (verbal, written, using ICT as appropriate).
- Demonstrate high-quality teaching strategies.
- Support, motivate and inspire both colleagues and pupils by leading through example.
- Up to date knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the post. • Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.