Grade: KRA ‘3’
Department: Corporate Support Services (CSS)
Division: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Location / Work Station: Nairobi
Supervisor Supervisor, ICT
Supervisee: Officer – ICT
The job holder is responsible for Development, Maintenance and Support of the KRA mobile Apps
- Design and build iOS and Android mobile applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyse, design, and ship new features
- Build and publish applications containing high security and privacy standards for app stores
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
- Design, build, or maintain Mobile application, using authoring or scripting languages
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every component developed
- Conducts unit testing of developed components based on agreed quality criteria.
- Prepare documentations (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality criteria for each component.
- Participates in quality review meetings for the system
- Provide guidance on to the technical teams.
- Adhere to change control procedures for the systems
- Provide support for post deployment issue
- Fix systems issues reported through a control process.
- Resolves issues arising from Quality Assurance (QA) tests.
- Prepares progress status reports as guided.
- Participate in software testing to quality assure the product.
- Any assignment given as and when directed by management
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other related field.
- Working skills and knowledge
- Hands on experience in Payment Gateway integration in mobile apps is a big plus
- Hands on experience in integrations with mobile wallets
- A portfolio of iOS/Android apps in the Play Store/app store is a plus
- Hands on experience with Android studio & gradle build system
- Git & Gerrit
- Proven experience in Implementing geospatial applications
- Proven experience in Developing apps for people with disabilities
- Has experience in an Open source server-side scripting language like but not limited to PHP, Python
- Excellent knowledge in core Java
- Hands on experience in The full life cycle of Android application development
- Strong knowledge in RESTful web services
- Good Knowledge of Android SDK’s
- Push Notifications & Toast
- Eclipse & ANT based build system
- Android Studio
- Experience in Gradle.
- Very good experience with Objective-C and iOS SDK
- Good working knowledge in Cocoa Touch
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Training in Application Development languages i.e. Java, PHP
- Training in Application and Web servers namely : JBOSS & Tomcat
Relevant Work Experience Required
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in Mobile App Development in a busy environment.
- Has experience in integrating Business Systems
- Has experience working on real-time applications
- Has experience in development of single sign on solutions
- Has experience in implementation of different authentication schemes
- Knowledge on network security
- Team player
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter