Social Inclusion Specialist Job, Other Professions,
VACANCY NO: 2/2021
The Social Inclusion Specialist will be in charge of the technical coordination and oversight of KeLCoP activities for social inclusion. The workstation will be at PMCU Nakuru but he/she will travel extensively within the Project area, as may be required. He/she will sign a six (6) year Contract of Employment with the initial six months on probation. The contract will remain in force but renewable annually based on satisfactory annual performance. He/she will be answerable to the Project Coordinator for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Serving as the focal point and facilitate the project to follow the targeting strategy for mainstreaming of the poor, women, youth and marginalized communities in project activities.
- Ensuring that PMCU staff and those in the Counties understand the rationale and the targeting strategy for mainstreaming of the poor, women, youth and marginalized communities in the project, and their specific role and responsibility in implementing it.
- Involving the Directors of Youth and Gender, and Nutrition Officers at the County level, keeping them informed about the projects targeting strategy and progress and identifying any opportunities for complementary support for the project’s beneficiaries from other government or donor interventions
- Reviewing and Monitoring the Social Mobilization Service Providers’ plans for community mobilization including the Socio-Economic Assessments, community entry, situation analysis, social and institutional mapping, wealth ranking, and assessment of existing community groups and beneficiary selection process, as well as capacity building of Group and Graduation Mentors, ensuring the inclusion of the project’s target group.
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of GALS including contracting consultants or service providers for technical assistance, reviewing the TORs and coordinating between the SMSP and GALS technical assistance.
- Overseeing and monitoring the Graduation of Ultra-Poor households and the Integration of GALS with the Graduation approach specifically, methodology for selection of beneficiaries, quality assurance of manuals developed for Graduation and Group Mentors, quality of services provided to ultra-poor households and the level of beneficiary satisfaction.
- Overseeing the implementation of the indigenous people’s action plans and their integration into the project delivery mechanisms, and the budget allocated to implement them.
- Tracking the project’s effectiveness in mainstreaming poverty, gender, youth, indigenous peoples and vulnerable groups in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, to make recommendations for course correction highlighting challenges, achievements and lessons learnt in social inclusion in progress reports.
- Oversee the set-up and implementation of the project’s social safeguards including grievance redress mechanism.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Academic qualifications and other requirements for the Position:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, or related field to Rural Development/Gender/Social Inclusion
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in Community Development and applied gender mainstreaming at project or institutional level
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with social safeguards, poverty, gender and youth targeting in agriculture-based rural development programmes
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Must have practical work experience in donor-funded agriculture projects in Kenya or the region especially at least 5 years in social safeguards;
- Must be familiar with Kenya’s diverse agro-ecological zones including the ASALs, their different agricultural systems and development needs;
- Knowledge and experience of PRA techniques
- Knowledge of the graduation approach and household methodologies especially GALS
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication skills and proven writing ability;
- High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the qualification requirements should send their applications along with copies of their academic and professional certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. They must also state their present employer, current position and names and addresses of two referees and daytime telephone and email contacts. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be clearly marked quoting the reference number of the position applied for on the letter and envelope and addressed to :
The Principal Secretary
State Department for Livestock,
Kilimo House, Cathedral Road,
P. O. Box 34188-00100,
To reach on or before 9th March 2022 at 17:00 hours local time
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.