Administrative Assistant Job, Latest Administration Jobs Kenya,
VACANCY NO: 10/2021
The Administrative Assistant will ensure the right staff with relevant skills are brought on board, adequately oriented and contract of employment signed, supervise the secretaries, drivers and support staff, develop and implement an effective staff performance evaluation system, manage logistics and security. The workstation will be at PMCU Nakuru but he/she will travel extensively within the Project area, as may be required. He/she will sign a six (6) year Contract of Employment with the initial six months on probation. The contract will remain in force but renewable annually based on satisfactory annual performance. He/she will be answerable to the Project Coordinator for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating staff recruitment and selection and manage orientation programmes for the newly recruited staff of the Project.
- Interpreting and implementing human resource policies, and other statutes that impact the human resources;
- Developing and implementing an effective system of staff performance evaluation;
- Developing and carrying out customer satisfaction survey;
- Management of staff leave, training and development staff and welfare activities.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are in place and adhered to in the Project.
- Supervising the secretaries, drivers, support staff to ensure compliance with their terms of reference;
- Developing welfare policy and handling complaints, disputes and grievances of employees.
- Developing staff Contracts of Employment and organizing renewal of staff contracts, payment of staff service gratuity and pension;
- Administering and maintaining employee records;
- Management of logistics and security of the office block and compound.
- Collecting, organizing and storing information on motor vehicle usage and managing fuel.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
Academic qualifications and other requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Public Administration (HRM, Public Relations & Strategic Management options) or any other relevant field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a similar position and out of which three (3) years in a donor-funded project.
- Must meet the requirements of chapter SIX (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines and work with minimum supervision and sometimes work outside normal working hours;
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, excellent planning, organizing and recordkeeping skills;
- Ability to work as a team player, self-motivated and creative thinker, good analytical skills and report writing, excellent coordination and negotiation skills;
- Good public relations qualities;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Knowledge of Computer packages
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the qualification requirements should send their applications along with copies of their academic and professional certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. They must also state their present employer, current position and names and addresses of two referees and daytime telephone and email contacts. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be clearly marked quoting the reference number of the position applied for on the letter and envelope and addressed to :
The Principal Secretary
State Department for Livestock,
Kilimo House, Cathedral Road,
P. O. Box 34188-00100,
To reach on or before 9th March 2022 at 17:00 hours local time
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.