Veterinary Officer Job, Current County Government Jobs Kenya 2022,
Duties and Responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade into this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- undertaking disease control activities such as disease search, vaccination and enforcement of livestock movement regulations;
- participating in the training of stakeholders in vector control programmes;
- treating sick animals;
- advising on good veterinary practices;
- collecting’ data and preparing reports on animal health, products and markets;
- providing advise on animal breeding and welfare; and
- undertaking postmortem examination and other diagnostic tests.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- be in possession of a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution;
- be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Annually be in good professional standing in the Board’s register and
- have a Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form(https://www.publicservice.go.ke/index.php/forms-downloads/application-for-employment-form-psc-2-revised-2016?download=139:psc2-form-rev-2016) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for the position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand-delivered applications should be dropped at the Migori County Public Service Board offices located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday 20th July 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, and testimonials.
- For successful candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities, and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and the successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification