Hospital Assistant Chef Job, Hotel Job Vacancies in Kenya 2022,
Overall Purpose will be to achieve efficiency through achieving good quality meals within a budget while maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning menus in consultation with Nutrition &Dietetics unit
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of catering, including service activities and sanitation responsibilities.
- Supervise staff and ensure high quality service standards and presentations are met.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived.
- Maintain and upgrade strict hygiene and sanitation practices and levels.
- Update and compiles new products and menus according to market availability and customer needs.
- Food cost budgeting and maintenance of financial and administrative records.
- Develop methods to assess staff time and other resources required to meet hospital standards.
- Maintaining correct stock levels & Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Ordering of foodstuff from the food store.
- Estimate food requirements and food costs and application of cost cutting measures.
- Ensure proper handling and continuous maintenance of equipment and utensils
- At least KCSE Mean grade of D Plain and above.
- Diploma in Food Production and Service; or Food and Beverage Production or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution.
- At-least over 3 years work experience in food production experience, preferably in a hospital set up
- Computer Literacy and Management training are added advantages
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills & Honesty
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for people and service
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking experience.
- High level of Integrity.
- High standards of grooming and personal etiquette
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form (from PSC or MCPSB website) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 31st March, 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.