Assistant Fisheries Officer Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2022,
This is an entry and training grade for fresh graduates. The officer in this position will initially work under guidance and supervision.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistics at the sub county,
- Analyzing data and compiling reports,
- Disseminating technical information to farmers and extension staff,
- Assisting in implementing directorates policies,
- Projects and programmes; preparing sub county budgets and work plans,
- Coordinating extension services, enforcing fisheries legislation.
- Direct entry. Candidates with field exposure on fisheries activities will have added advantage.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- For appointment to this post a candidate must have; A bachelor’s degree in any of the following; Fisheries, Aquatic Sciences, Zoology and a postgraduate qualification in Fisheries, Aquaculture/Aquatic biology from a recognized University/Institution.
- Certificate of computer application from recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form(https://www.publicservice.go.ke/index.php/forms-downloads/application-for-employment-form-psc-2-revised-2016?download=139:psc2-form-rev-2016) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for the position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand-delivered applications should be dropped at the Migori County Public Service Board offices located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday 20th July 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, and testimonials.
- For successful candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities, and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and the successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification