Assistant Director Environment, Climate Change & Disaster Management Job, Kenyan Current Agricultural Jobs,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Reporting to Deputy Director/Director for Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Management as the case may be
- Establishing climate change directorate in the County and develop staff and institutional capacity;
- Advising on all matters related to climate change programmers’, projects and activities in the County;
- Building capacity for other institutions and stakeholders for County’s Appropriate Mitigation
- Actions (CAMAs) and measurement, reporting and verification (MRV);
- Advising on all matters relating to National and County Legislation, Policy, Coordination Regulation and monitoring of climate change governance;
- In charge of developing, implementation and monitoring of climate change strategic plans, work plans, appropriate programs, performance targets, budgets, standards, rules and guidelines, and all other climate change activities in the County.
- Resource mobilization for climate change function including writing bankable proposals; and
- Creating awareness on climate change matters in the County at all levels.
- Responding to disaster emergencies within the country
- Designing disaster management policy which stresses on the parading shifts to disaster risks
- Reduction (DRR) approach including early warning systems, preparedness, prevention and mitigation
- Ensuring public private partnership and collaboration in all disaster matters
- Presenting research proposal to management for approval and adoption
- Develop and implement action plans for enhancing public knowledge and skills of best environmental management practices
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT:-
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:-
- Kenyan citizenship;
- Must have a cumulative working experience of at least ten (10) years three (3) of which should be at a senior level.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Climate Change and Climate Systems, Meteorology, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Botany and Zoology or related fields;
- Demonstrate management and ability as reflected in work performance results.
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form (from PSC or MCPSB website) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand-delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 31st March, 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and the successful candidates will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.