Animal Health Assistant Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2022
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- carrying out simple treatment of animals; participating in disease search and reporting;
- demonstrating on milking techniques and external parasite control techniques such as dipping, spraying and dusting;
- carrying out vaccination
- undertaking closed castration, dehorning, de-worming, disbudding, docking, de-beaking and hoof trimming.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Certificate lasting not less than two (2) years in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Health Environmental Health, Animal Health and Production from a recognized institution:
- Must be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Must be an annual member in good professional standing in the Board’s register and
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form(https://www.publicservice.go.ke/index.php/forms-downloads/application-for-employment-form-psc-2-revised-2016?download=139:psc2-form-rev-2016) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for the position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand-delivered applications should be dropped at the Migori County Public Service Board offices located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday 20th July 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, and testimonials.
- For successful candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities, and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and the successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification