County Director Of Agriculture Job, Agricultural Jobs Kenya 2022,
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordination of the implementation of agricultural development policies programmes and projects within the County;
- Coordination of the agricultural extension services, research liaison, agricultural education, training programmes and other cross – cutting issues in the County;
- Member to various relevant Boards and Committees operating at County levels;
- Provision and improvement of administrative links between the County Department and field services;
- Management of resources in the County Department;
- Capacity building and backstopping;
- Participation in monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes within the County;
- Coordination of the preparation and implementation of work plans and budgets in the County;
- Promotion of collaboration of stakeholder participation in extension delivery;
- Coordination of field days, exhibitions and shows/trade fairs;
- Preparation and implementation of performance contract for the directorate;
- Oversee the operations of ATCs and AMS;
- Mainstreaming Integrity Assurance in projects and programmes;
- Appraising staff; and
- Coordination of compilation of periodic reports
Requirements for appointment
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have served in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Agriculture or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three (3) years;
- Have Bachelor of Science (BSc.) degree in any of the following fields: Food Science, Home Economics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Education, or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have a Master’s Degree is in any of the following fields: Food Science, Home Economics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Education, or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP).
- Have demonstrated managerial, administrative, and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of National goals, policies, objectives, and ability to relate them to proper management.
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form (from PSC or MCPSB website) and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for the position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 31st March, 2022 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
- Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.