HR Head Job, Latest HR Jobs In Kenya May,
- Lead Talent Acquisition and Management including staff recruitment, training and development, performance appraisals, promotions, benefits and discipline;
- Develop Human Resource policies and strategies for the University within the framework of Industrial and Labor Laws of Kenya as well as international Human Resource Management principles;
- Ensure planning for all Human Resources required in the University in collaboration and coordination with other heads of departments;
- Coordinate all the Human Resource functions within the established policies and procedures;
- Regularly review the staff establishment and submit recommendations on gaps identified and make necessary adjustments in order to attract, motivate and retain competent staff;
- Perform annual Human Resource audits and provide feedback on progress and achievement of the human resource management programmes, procedures, processes and services to the University Management Board and the council;
- Preparation of Human Resource update for Council and human capital update for statutory bodies;
- Develop and oversee implementation of a comprehensive framework for effective succession planning management in the University;
- Staff welfare and motivational programmes in the University for all staff;
- Spearhead performance management and training function in the University for Staff Career Development;
- Develop Human Resource work plans, budgets and departmental procurement plans;
- Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupation and job positions in the University for proper placement and compensation;
- Administration and review of terms and conditions of service for all staff;
- Liaise with government agencies such as the Public Service Commission, Salaries and Remuneration Commission and Trade Unions to ensure human resource management and development is in compliance by the University;
- Build a high performance team within the University capable of executing the University Mandate and achieve short, middle and long term goals;
- Conducts Performance management and appraisal of all staff.
- Be a holder of Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management. A PhD will be an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of 12 years’ experience of which 3 years served as a Chief Human Resource Officer Grade 14 in a Public University/ Research institution or in a comparable position;
- Be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management with a valid practicing license and in professional standing;
- Be experienced in deployment and management of Human Resource Information Management Systems;
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislations professional Human Resource standards and global best practices.
Skills & Competencies
The following skills and competencies will be required:
- Be digital literate and conversant with computer online platforms and applications;
- Ability to develop short and long term operational plans;
- Firm, fair and transparent style of leadership;
- Experience in preparing Executive briefs and reports;
- Highly motivated and self-driven with desire to make a difference;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communicating skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Possess Analytical, Planning, Negotiation and Leadership skills;
- Passionate about creating a conducive working environment for staff that rewards performance culture
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates shall be notified individually using the email address and telephone number provided.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
- National Identity Card;
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
- Recommendations from relevant professional bodies and associations.
- Recommendations from at least three (3) referees should be sent separately to the address below within the application deadline.
Applicants may submit hard copy or electronic (online) applications;
Applications should be submitted together with a cover application letter for Position with reference number, a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic, professional certificates, National Identity card or Passport.
Hard copy Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised Position “Application for the position of (Position Applied for)” and hand-delivered or via registered mail or courier clearly marked:
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200
Electronic (Online) Applications may be submitted via email to: [email protected]
Applications should reach The Vice Chancellor, Meru University of Science and Technology on or before Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Marginalized and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.