Requirements for the County Secretary Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean grade of C+ (plus) and above or its equivalent
- Be a holder of at least a master’s degree in an administrative or management field from a University recognized in Kenya
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in the specific portfolio applied for at least 5 years or above in a senior administrative or management position either in the public service or private sector.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
- Applicants must not be more than 55 years old
- Membership to a professional body in the relevant field e.g. LSK, ICPSK, IHRM will be an added advantage
County Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Being the head of county public service
- Being responsible for arranging the business, and keeping the minutes of the county executive committee subject to the directions of the executive committee.
- Conveying the decisions of the county executive committee to the appropriate persons or authorities
- Performing the other function as directed by the county executive committee.
How to Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials.
They should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position/specific area you are applying for to
Meru County Public Service Board
P.O Box 120 60200,
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Meru Public Service Board offices situated at Ntara Plaza 4th Floor on or before 19th October 2017 before 5pm.
Meru County Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and physically challenged persons are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Salary is as per Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya’s guidelines.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.