Senior Nurse Job, Latest Nursing Jobs Kenya 2021,
Meridian Health Group is one of the market leaders in quality, cost-effective and accessible health care in Kenya and East African region. At the heart of our corporate philosophy is a devotion to patient centered care and service excellence. We are dedicated to providing effective and efficient care in a safe and welcoming environment.
We seek to recruit competent and qualified individuals in the following capacity:
The position holder will be responsible for promoting and restoring patients’ health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staff; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
The clinical nurse will also be the Nursing Team Leader in the Hospital and serve as a representative to promote the best interests of both the staff and management to ensure that the patients are well attended to.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Complete patient care requirements by scheduling and assigning staff rota and following up on work results.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining all the employees at the hospital.
- Assure quality of care by developing and interpreting hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care.
- Protect patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Maintain nursing guidelines by ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed
- Identify patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintain clinical operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Enforce adherence to requirements and regulations relating to health care.
- Measure health outcomes against standards in the branch and making adjustments to meet the set standards.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure patient confidence and protect operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintain documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying availability, ensuring they are serviced and repaired.
- Maintain clinical supplies inventory by studying usage reports, identify trends; anticipating needed supplies, approve requisitions and cost allocations.
Reporting: Submit monthly department reports
- Professional Qualifications
- BSc. In Nursing will be an added advantage
- Possess a valid practicing license
- Computer skills
- 4-years’ experience in a similar position
- Managerial training & experience is desired
- Keen on detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervision skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Kind and compassionate
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Positive working attitude and ability to give and take instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical professionals
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: [email protected] by close of business 20th December, 2021.
Due to urgency in filling the above positions, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.