Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Program / Department Summary
With funding from USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), Mercy Corps’ Nawiri Program is leading a consortium of Kenyan and international partners on a five year journey to sustainably reduce persistent acute malnutrition in Turkana and Samburu Counties of Kenya.
General Position Summary
The REAP Mentors will be responsible for execution of Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP) a two year women poverty graduation model aimed at supporting human capital development for resilient individuals who are then are engaged in a group-based business enterprise.
S/he will implement strategies in coordination with the Livelihoods Officer, the REAP Officer, the BOMA Project’s focal person, Field Director and technical team. REAP Mentors focus on community, girls and women engagement, including the identification, recruitment and retention of training women and participants; the establishment of partnerships with key community members (elders, religious leaders, government officials); and ensuring that common strategies and approaches are applied consistently in all communities and engagement with relevant private sector actors. S/he will work closely with our partner the BOMA Project, who will provide strong advisory support, and look for opportunities to link program learning with similar activities taking place in Samburu.
INFLUENCE & REPRESENTATION
· As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Reports Directly To: REAP Officer with a dotted line to BOMA Project focal person
Works Directly With: Livelihoods Officer, Senior Private Sector Engagement & Financial Inclusion Officer, Gender Officer, Technical Advisors/Leads, Learning Coordinators, M&E Coordinator, field level finance and operations teams** and broader Nawiri team.
Minimum qualifications and transferable skills
At least a Diploma or certificate in community development, social work or another related discipline Previous experience in the dry lands of northern Kenya is a requisite; work with a local non-governmental organization is strongly preferred.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills; candidates should be able to relate well to both the girls and women with whom they work.
· Have experience in data collection
· Be self-driven, and able to work with minimal staff supervision
· Be reliable and punctual
· Have an understanding of English, Swahili and local languages
· Possession of valid motorcycle driving license and or willingness to acquire one immediately is an added advantage. Willingness and ability to drive motorcycle is strongly preferred for this post.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter