Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
The Role In Brief
The Merchandiser & Pricing Manager plays a key and vital role within the company across his/her dual functions of leading and owning the website’s front-end and defining customer’s experience across all touchpoints (website, mobile and app).
This person also leads pricing analytics to ensure that Jumia does have the best prices and makes the right investments to drive price leadership. The Merchandiser & Pricing Manager will be responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience thanks to the ensuring that our merchandising represents the right assortment for the customer and that we have the best prices for our products.
The main challenges are described as below:
Merchandiser Role entails:
- Owning the website front-end from A-Z, with a strong eye for details – everything on the website is your responsibility
- Driving the optimization of overall Conversion Rate and key Onsite KPIs across all devices and Onsite channels – desktop, mobile and app
- Working with teams (Design, Marketing, Operations, etc.) across the company to coordinate, evaluate and implement onsite requests
- Monitoring, analyzing, optimizing and reporting on performance of products, categories and campaigns to generate key learnings and actionable recommendations, to maximize future results and drive business performance
- Being a source of innovative ideas for onsite optimization, keeping up to date with new ecommerce ideas and innovations to implement on Jumia
- Participating in weekly campaign planning to monitor for efficient merchandising, including: challenging product assortment and reviewing catalog structure & navigation, to optimize user experience and drive sales
Pricing Manager Role entails:
- Owning pricing analytics, at a category-level, to drive insights and actions for the Commercial Team
- Reviewing price trends over time across Jumia / Online Competition / Offline Competition, to identify and flag actions to commercial team
- Developing Jumia KE pricing strategy by category / event type, to serve as clear guidance for commercial team and support negotiations
- Incorporating insights from findings of pricing associates to drive pricing recommendations for Sales Teams on prices
- Developing price elasticity data and toolkit at a category-, sub-category and SKU-level to determine highest ROI for internal investments on price
- Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.