Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer Job, Latest NGO Jobs in Kenya 2020,
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 – 8 years
Reports to: County Coordinator
Contract Details: One (1) Year Fixed Term Contract. Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds & Performance
Rural Agency for Community Development and Assistance (RACIDA) is a regional non-profit organisation headquartered in Kenya and with country programmes in Ethiopia, Somalia, and South Sudan. Our goals are to Provide Human Assistance, Build Resilience and Promote Peace and Security.
Since its founding in 2001, RACIDA has worked to build the capacity of Agro- pastoralist communities living in Arid and Semi-Arid lands across the Horn of Africa in preventing and mitigating the impact of hazards of communities at risk. Anchored by a Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction (CMDRR) approach, and guided by our belief that the communities we work with should be at the centre of their own development trajectory, we implement practical programmes that enable (Agro)-pastoral development, empowerment and wellbeing.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, as part of the USAID OFDA programme implementation team, will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project in Mandera North, Banissa and Mandera East sub counties. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure development and implementation of project monitoring plans, use of appropriate monitoring and data analysis tools;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant;
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems;
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation;
- Provide guidance and compile project monitoring reports: monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually;
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and track Key Performance Indicators;
- Participate in baselines and evaluations and the preparation of reports in accordance with Partnership Standards;
- Organize capacity building activities for Project officers and project Managers on monitoring tools facilitation, simple data analysis and report writing;
- Provide ad-hoc support to project teams and regional programmes in Ethiopia and Somalia;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures; o Support the development of a data collection tools and automized platform;
- Identify and formulate MEL findings, lessons learned and recommendations and avail results for decision-making processes and further project development;
- Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project output
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Coordinator;
- Lead in development of RACIDA’s research program with identified partners;
- Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, semi-annual, and other reports; o Participate in quarterly project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Nutritional and WASH Officers in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Manage all communication platforms, including Facebook, twitter, website, and Youtube as part of achievements;
- Perform other duties as required;
Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social sciences.
- At least 4 years of progressive responsible program Monitoring and Evaluation, of which at least 2 years closely related to implementing WASH/Livestock and Health and experience working in hardship areas, emergency settings or fragile states will be desirable;
- Experience in developing and facilitating training;
- Familial with digital data collection tools (KOBO and ODK)
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports; o Willingness to travel if required;
- Experience in development of research proposal and implementation
- Ability to represent the organization when liaising with donors and other stakeholders;
- A team player, collaborative and with the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Good computer skills (MS Words, Excel and Access) and knowledge of data analytical software (e.g. EpiInfo, SPSS)
- Politically and culturally sensitive;
- A high level of written and spoken English and preferably good spoken Somali
- Commitment to the aims and principles of RACIDA;
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter only to [email protected] with the subject of the email as “M&E Officer Kenya”. The closing date for applications is 19th November , 2020 and application will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.