Medical Physicist Jobs, Medical Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
KUTRRH/CONMP/219 – 2 POSTS
Reporting to the Oncologist, the Medical Nuclear Physicist job exists to use analytical and applied scientific technical support to medical specialists for safe nuclear radiology diagnosis and radiotherapy treatment of patients in the hospital, and advise the hospital and the public on the same at KUTRRH.
- Apply their knowledge of applied physics, mathematics and biomedical technology to specialized medical equipment that helps examine, diagnose and treat cancer patients in the hospital.
- Use a variety of analytical computer aided and bioengineering techniques such as x-ray imaging, ultrasound, tomography, radiology, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging and lasers to support radiologists and radiographers and ultra-sonographers in making very precise diagnosis among patients in the hospital.
- Use analytical, computer-aided and bioengineering techniques such as radiation therapy to support radiation oncologists and other radiotherapists in treating their patients in the hospital.
- Work with patients and with a wide range of medical, technical and administrative staff in applying their analytical skills in detecting and preventing radiation leak, exposure and poisoning in the hospital.
- Work in radiotherapy, nuclear technology or medical imaging in order to ensure optimal equipment performance in order to advise and help protect against radiation hazards in hospital.
- Conduct research, develop, implement and evaluate new analytical technology and techniques of new instrumentation or imaging techniques and write reports, and advise the on the same in the hospital.
- Conduct research and training and updating nuclear diagnosis and treatment healthcare, scientific and technical staff, interns and students in the hospital.
- Manage radiology, nuclear imaging and radiation therapy machines and equipment in the hospital.
- Formulate, review, manage, implement and evaluate, and sustain nuclear, radiology and radiotherapy quality assurance programmes in collaboration with the Radiation Safety Officer of the hospital.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have training on medical physics
- Registration with Radiation Protection Board.
- At least one year working experience as Medical Nuclear Physicist in reputable hospital.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations and professional standards.
- Proven track record of clinical research and training in a reputable institution.
- Soft skills: Communication skills, Analytical skills, Observation skills, Team player, Compassionate
How To Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: –
JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH)
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: [email protected]
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.