Media Manager Jobs, Communication Jobs, NGO Jobs, Save the Children Jobs
Who We Are:
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
- At least five years’ experience as a journalist in a credible news organization OR equivalent experience as a Media & Communications Manager in an international humanitarian or development agency, and experience of dealing in the international media environment
- Significant experience of working overseas/regionally in humanitarian programmes
- Experience in leading media activities in a challenging environment
- Fluent in English, other languages desirable
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills producing materials for a wide range of different audiences including donors, journalists and the ‘general public’
- Experience of effective spokes personing across a range of media
- Experience in designing and implementing training in communications and media skills
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to produce compelling media products such as press releases, key messages/speaking points, and Q&As
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality photography and video materials
- Familiarity with digital production workflows
- Knowledge of photography and video editing software
- Ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Thorough understanding of the various political and cultural contexts surrounding emergency responses and international development programming in East and Southern Africa
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to work for limited periods within programmes under pressure of running emergency responses
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to manage and prioritize an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity-building activities to varied audiences, ideally within a country programme.
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Microsoft Word, as well as Adobe Creative Suite software
- Excellent understanding of media and campaigning activities
- Strong influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus, and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Prior experience working in humanitarian contexts
- Multi-media content development;
- Experience of delivering training, presentations and other capacity-building activities to a varied audience
How To Apply:
Do you have what it takes to fill the position? Follow this link to submit your application.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.