Regional Operations Manager Job, Latest Kenyan Administration Jobs In Kenya,
The Regional Operations Manager will be based in Mombasa and working in the Coast region. Reporting to the Deputy Country Director, the position will be responsible for ensuring the effectively implementation of project activities in targeted counties in the Coast region. This will include acting as the relationship manager for all SMEs and other market systems actors based in the region awarded matching grants, leading the identification and grant application process and overseeing the implementation of grant activities.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya
- Identification, assessment and screening of SMEs and business associations in target sectors/counties (horticulture, poultry and aquaculture) to determine those that are eligible for matching grants.
- Represent MEDA Kenya at the Coastal Region Counties both at stakeholder involvement and field activities.
- In collaboration with the Gender Specialist and the Environment Specialist, support the design, implementation and monitoring of grant activities by SMEs and other partners focused on promoting gender equity and environmental sustainability/climate change adaptation
- In collaboration with the Finance team, conduct financial analysis of audited accounts for SME grant applicants and providing assessment reports on the suitability of the applicant.
- Reporting: Reviewing all grantee data, records, reports for accuracy and authenticity, taking responsibility and ownership of reports reviewed and forwarded to the management.
- Plan and facilitate training events, working with marketing team as needed at county level, working with relevant project officer.
- Facilitate learning sessions related to project activities and widely disseminate lessons learnt through to actors at the county level.
- Solicit feedback (policy and practice) from project participants and partners to ensure that program delivery is as responsive to community priorities as possible at the county level.
- Working closely with SEs and SMEs, identify emerging challenges and promote best practices in gender-equitable participation and environmental sustainability/climate change mitigation, contribute to improving the business environment for SEs and SMEs, as well as bring gender perspectives to business risk mitigation for grantees
- Update performance indicators covering relevant SMEs and Lead Firms in the counties covered, including updating the online database.
- Support the MIM, Gender and Environment departments in identifying data parameters and tools for monitoring and evaluating project impact.
- Act as the focal point at the MEDA office in Mombasa ensuring all financial and administrative matters related to the Mombasa office are transparently, and effectively managed, in line with established processes, and Policies.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Commerce, Business Administration, Agri-business, or any other related Field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage – MBA, MSc Finance, Entrepreneurship, or related Field.
Experience: Minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in SME/private sector development
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s Mission vision and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty.
- Strong Advantage- Experience working in the counties at the coastal region of Kenya: Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita-Taveta
- Demonstrated Experience in market systems/value chain approach to development in the agricultural sector, (specific experience in horticulture, aquaculture, and poultry an advantage)
- Experience in mobilizing field stakeholders into collaborative partnerships.
- Financial and investment experience and finance in private equity markets.
- Superior Report-writing skills
- Experience in Ms Office packages, and database management tools.
- Ability to use technology in day-to-day task execution.
- Communication: Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 3, 2022 5:00pm EAT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.