British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for 6 Interns to join our Operations Team in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Work within the factory teams to eliminate losses and implement IWS standards
- Lead a successful Unified Problem Solving (UPS) for a chronic loss and achieve >50% loss reduction in 6 weeks. To undertake a UPS every 6 weeks
- Generate or improve at least 5 standards (Cleaning, Inspection or Lubrication, Centerlines, Maintenance Tasks, One Point Lesson) non the Line from the Unified Problem Solving
- Contribution to the teams Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process by giving the required inputs on time and completing assigned actions on time in Full
- Successful Completion of a Factory Wide Project
- Lead a successful project of improving and standardizing IWS daily management systems. Improvements to be demonstrated by an improvement in Health Check score for the particular areas improved
- Achievement of project milestones set by the assignment manager
- Regular and effective updates to Manufacturing Leadership Team
- Demonstrates ability to plan and prioritize activities
- Develop effective collaboration with stakeholders and improves Influencing skills
- Taking initiative to seek creative alternatives to obstacles in problem solving or projects
- Confident, assertive and logical engagement of relevant audience to garner support and buy-in to proposed solutions
- Effective escalations; on time, to the right person, concise challenge/issue description, what has been done and what particular assistance is sort
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics Engineering
No work experience required
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.