Mechanical Maintenance Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs, NFT Consult Jobs
Location: Athi River, Kenya
Area of work: Engineering
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Ideal Start Date: 1st November 2019
Our client is a leading multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer and the world’s leading provider of healthcare solutions today. They specialize in different product groups ranging from Dialysis, Surgical instrumentation, Clinical Nutrition, Stoma Care, Infection Prevention, Anesthesia and Intensive Care products among others. They recently acquired a plant in Kenya and are seeking to fill the position of a Mechanical Technician. Performs preventive/corrective maintenance to minimize and eliminate downtime. Diagnoses causes of malfunctions or failures, recommends modification or replacement of failed equipment and parts
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and the codes of practice.
- Undertake a variety of mechanical fitting duties, maintain production machineries, fit/ assembly of mechanical components making use of appropriate machinery /hand tools and.
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, conveyor systems, air compressors, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, , pressure equipment, gearboxes, generators
- Responsible for ensuring the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures e.g. daily checklists and advise the company on areas of improvement to maximize output and reduce breakdowns
- Installs and/or replaces new or reconditioned repair parts.
- Tests equipment for proper operation.
- Shift work and 24 hour call may be required.
- Daily report writing and hand over to next shift.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking mechanical spares stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for mechanical spares and other related consumables.
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of other workers.
- Ensure proper use of PPEs
- Performs and ensure assigned duties are completed within set time frames.
- Performs basic cutting and welding procedures.
- Requires basic working knowledge of equipment operation and associated operating systems.
- The duties can be changed or added at the discretion of the management.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- 5 years of experience in a similar role in a busy food or pharmaceutical manufacturing company
- Ensure deadlines are met as per the work orders without any lapse.
- Zero accidents in section/department.
- 98% plant availability mechanically.
- 100% follow-up of work orders and job cards.
- Zero wastage of material (Welding rods, bolts and nuts, greases, oils etc.)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Applicants can upload their CVs and application letters onto the website www.nftconsult.com as well as view the detailed Job description.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 15th October 2019.
Note that only applications in MS Word or PDF will be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.