MEAL Manager Job, Current NGO Jobs,
Job Title : Design, Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager
Reporting to : Director – Program Effectiveness & Impact
Grade Level : 17
Work Location : Nairobi
To provide technical leadership and visionary direction in the establishment and operationalization of an integrated Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system in World Vision Kenya (WVK) that is able to support timely and accessible evidence of overall WVK programs impacts/results, research and innovation that promotes a culture of learning and discipline in the skills and practice of D&MEAL. In addition, Design & MEAL Manager is also accountable to ensure programs information and evidence of impact are used in developing new concepts or proposals; policy advocacy; improvement of program implementation; in tracking the progress of the National Office (NO) strategy and in strategic decision making processes.
Technical Leadership and Management 30%
- Through the leadership of Program Effectiveness & Impact Director, provide technical support in the development, monitoring and reporting on the National Office Strategy.
- Ensure that the National Office thematic strategic objectives are aligned to the World Vision Partnership and Regional Guidelines and monitoring of the same is consistently done to ensure compliance and impact towards the well-being of the child.
- Develop tools, dashboards or other platform to capture, analyze, present and disseminate projects information and evidences of impacts to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure organization wide quality data management and innovations through e – platforms such as Horizon, GTRN and other databases.
- Direct the successful development and implementation of technically feasible approaches and programs in WVK ministry.
- Ensure that all program interventions are effectively supported in terms of the assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, Learning and Documentation.
- Enable the relevant Technical Specialists to receive timely and appropriate D, M & E technical support needed to meet or exceed donor performance and compliance expectations
Quality Assurance and Accountability 30%
- Ensure the successful development, elaboration and roll out of implementation strategies and operational guidelines in response to child well -being priorities;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of child well-being targets into program and project designs.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely submission of a quality and comprehensive Child well-being annual report
- Ensure the use of appropriate indicators to track the implementation and progress of National Office strategy.
- Direct and ensure quality, focus and feasibility in the DM&E processes in WVK including but not limited to development, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation that result in sustainable and impactful programs in line with key performance indicators and acceptable audit results
- Direct and ensure that program/project interventions are designed and developed not only in alignment with a fully integrated three track ministry approach but also in compliance with WV, Donor, GOK, SPHERE and other accepted norms and standards;
- Direct the provision and/or establishment of needed tools, methodological approaches, technical assistance, training / capacity building, DME support and accompanying business processes to ensure that programs achieve or surpass WV child wellbeing objectives
- Ensure that business processes, standards and policies are developed in coordination with other WVK entities that support program interventions for DM&E and Technical Approaches
- Streamline and integrate with project monitoring dashboard to ensure one stop shop data for the programs and operations directorates
- Ensure GESI roots causes analysis and indicators are integrated into project information and evidences of programs impact
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from various accountability mechanisms such as Peer Review, Operational and Finance Audits, Program evaluations, Program Capability Review, are acted upon in a timely and effective manner
- Develop departmental risk register, ensure its implementation to mitigate risks and ensure accountability.
Research, Innovation and Learning 15%
- Ensure the roll out of the research and innovation initiative as per the research and innovation guidelines, including setting up the research committee, fundraising plan and a research database for WVK
- Ensure WVK obtains the necessary ethical registration status to enhance research capacity
- Ensure the consolidation of a learning culture – based upon evidenced based best practices and industry standards – to enable program staff to achieve and/or surpass established targets and standards
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower a new generation of technical specialists within WVK.
Collaboration and Fund raising 10%
- In coordination with Program Effective and Impact Director and Support Offices, develop and maintain pro-active relationships with bilateral and multilateral representatives in the country.
- Ensure successful engagement of MEAL team with the relevant external stakeholders, including national government ministries, research entities FBOs and other civil society organizations
- Coordinate and Support the realization of SST (Strategic Support Team) agenda
- Ensure technical support to sector related concepts and proposals to meet DM&E and donor standards
- Enable the relevant MEAL staff to provide the RAM unit the relevant technical support required to successfully meet or exceed established yearly resource acquisition targets
- Ensure Grants Compliance to MEAL
Team Management 10%
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Assess and plan for staff capacities/competencies.
- Engage appropriate Subject Matter Experts for identified training gaps
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training and technical backstopping etc.
- Provide effective leadership to staff within the unit ensuring that professional development activities, including appraisals, monitoring and needed training and mentoring activities are successfully carried out
- Provide Staff supervision and guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of technical program
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required
- The position holder should have a Master’s degree in development studies, or any of the fields of Social Sciences, Business Administration, Program Management/Strategic Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Geographical Information Systems, Economics/statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent degree coupled with knowledge and experience in Statistical packages and data collection software
- Minimum of 10 years’experience with a thorough understanding of MEAL as well as all areas of Strategic Management -project management cycles in a complex, international development organization especially in designing, planning, implementing, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects. 5 years should have been at a managerial level.
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred.
- Training or certification in Portfolio and/or Program Management with accredited institutions.
- Solid analytical skills and systematic thinking
- Ability to present complex and technical information/system to non-specialist audience with clarity
- Relevant experience in facilitating Theory of Change, Logical Frame-work, Project success and sustainability indicators
- Demonstrated experience of managing large/ multi-sectoral data
- Demonstrated experience of leading assessment, evaluation, and research
- Demonstrated experience of writing impact reports
- Experiences in designing or managing management information system (such as dashboard, power BI, mobile based applications)
- Knowledge of WVI working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage.
- They must have a good understanding of management, business processes and standards
- They must have conceptual understanding and demonstrated practical command for project life cycle management and evaluation principles:
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader, a team player who can manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, and physical hardship conditions.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.