Company Secretary Job at MDN Kenya
Our client in the financial services sector and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya and Capital Markets Authority is looking for an experienced Company Secretary to lead and manage multiple operations of the company secretarial practice.
Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Ensure effective management of legal risks through compliance with legal norms and corporate governance standards
- Monitor the operating environment and advise the company on the necessary policy changes in line with changes in the law and regulatory environment.
- In liaison with the company advocates, conduct legal research and render advise to the company as necessary
- Analyse insurance matters and advise Management appropriately
- Ensure timely filling of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the formulation of Company policies and other contractual documents
- Manage litigation and conveyance issues in liaison with the company advocates
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the Board/Managing Director
Requirements for the Secretary Job
- Graduate from a recognized university preferably with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries
- Computer proficiency
- At least 5 years practical experience
- Certification in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building,
- effective time management, leadership and organization skills
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to [email protected] by 12th May 2017.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.