Bio-medical Engineer Job, Latest Engineering Vacancies in Kenya,
Matibabu Foundation is dynamic NGO based in Siaya County. Our focus is to improve the quality, affordability and accessibility of healthcare with more attention to the women and their families through offering affordable, facilities- based health care with extensive laboratory and pharmaceutical services.
Matibabu Foundation is growing as we live our mission of “Providing family centered health information & services that meet or surpass the expectations of our clients, by working with individuals, the community and government to improve overall health goals”.
Matibabu Foundation seeks to recruit and deploy a Bio-Medical Engineer, and we therefore invite a qualified, talented and highly motivated candidate to fill this position.
Job Description: Bio-medical Engineer Posts (1)
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Responsibilities of the Gould Family Foundation Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)/Biomedical Apprentice
- Identify general “gaps” in medical equipment or user training at MFK clinic and hospital and provide necessary support to bridge these gaps;
- Train clinicians and medical equipment users on the proper use of biomedical equipment through equipment operation demonstrations and videos; design quick start user guides (to be placed on all equipment);
- Receive and inspect new MFK equipment, prepare installation inventory, reports, ensure equipment received meet the specifications as per LPO or delivery note and upload to MFK database.
- Plan and support the Supervisor during installation of equipment;
- Provide monthly plans for all MFK facility visits, yearly maintenance schedules for equipment, spares budget and activity reports to supervisor for review and guidance;
- Make periodic rounds of assigned clinical areas to assess operation of medical devices and systems. Note trends and work with supervisor to develop and implement solutions to address recurring problems;
- Troubleshoot and repair all medical equipment and provide first line troubleshooting.
- Communicate with users (doctors, nurses, surgeons etc.), health facility and management regarding status of equipment and repairs. Coordinate onsite visits for the supervisor or Biomedical Engineer. Receive calls for repair and address issues in time.
- Recommend vetted companies for servicing and complex repair of medical equipment;
- Document all work performed including equipment inspections, corrective and preventive maintenance and special requests as required. Maintaining all documentation in a file in an accurate and timely manner. Utilize MFK service, inspection and inventory forms for documentation.
- Complete monthly BMET M&E tools like equipment utilization to track performance and use of critical equipment. Report issues affecting equipment usage to management e.g. underutilization of equipment because of lack of reagents, poor/lack of infrastructure, management purchase and budgeting procedures etc.
- Develop preferred suppliers for medical equipment spares and consumables:
- Schedule and follow up on service visits from contracted service engineers and or manufacturers/ distributors;
- Ensure all equipment have service stickers with details of service personnel. Ensure that servicing and PMs are done on time.
- Identify and recommend medical equipment that is obsolete, has an extensive repair history, no longer has service support from the manufacturer or has identified safety problems.
- Upgrade equipment software as per MFK BME recommendations.
· Ability to utilize basic electrical and mechanical tools for testing and repair;
· Can communicate effectively; prefer someone who can speak and write in French, English and native language;
· Organized; can properly plan and implement activities.
· Ability to train staff in proper utilization of biomedical equipment;
· Must have competence in repair of mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and/or computer medical technology to sufficiently diagnose and repair medical devices and systems.
· Can utilize a computer to document reports.
· Must be willing to learn how to operate, test and repair a variety of medical equipment
Experience and Qualifications
· At least one-year experience required maintaining key equipment in hospitals like patient monitoring devices, oxygen concentrators, sterilizers and autoclaves, radiant warmers, incubators, height and weight scales, knowledgeable in electrical wiring, repair of computers/ TVs etc.
· Candidate with Diploma in biomedical equipment technology and any other form of education in this field is desirable or;
· A candidate with more than one-year experience working on medical equipment in a hospital with education background in electrical or mechanical fields;
· A candidate with no educational background in electrical or mechanical fields with 3 years’ minimum experience working on a variety of medical equipment in a hospital is required.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts, to: –
The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation,
P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya.
OR E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 10th September, 2021.
NB: Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Matibabu Foundation is an equal opportunity Employer