The Role In Brief
We’re looking to add a detail-oriented, analytical person to our Customer Engagement team that can help us find new product opportunities. We have an ambitious plan to expand the products that we can offer and you’ll blaze new trails to make that dream a reality. You’ll have a passion to discover new things and understand the details of how people use furniture products. You’ll be eager to research and develop products that will find their way into hundreds of thousands of homes. Most importantly, you’ll be eager to take on more responsibility and grow your career as part of our team.
Conduct market research to define product specifications
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of B2B to generate new product ideas which align with our business goals
- Support the process of new product introduction, from conception through to research, testing and launch
- Work with members of our sales team to understand product specifications according to their experience with our customers
- Conduct direct market research with retailers, fundis and end users to generate insights around product features
- Prepare product briefs to be shared internally and externally
- Analyze and propose adjustments to product briefs based on suppliers’ constraints
Engage a global supply base to turn product ideas into reality
- Engage with our existing international supplier network to understand manufacturing techniques, costs and other parameters
- Research and reach out to new potential suppliers who can offer additional product options or better value for money
- Hone in on the ideal supplier for a product based on what you learn through conversations and exchanging product information and samples
- Initiate trial orders to test new products in the market toward the goal of a full-scale roll out
- Engage a wider supplier base for existing products in search of opportunities to deliver better value for money
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in market research
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Curiosity to find out product requirements and how to find best balance between customers’ preferences and suppliers’ constraints
- Extremely organized and able to keep track of different concurrent tasks
- An ability to communicate things clearly and in details
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a quickly-growing organization and team
How To Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.