Reporting To: Manager – Manufacturing Operations & Warehouse
Department: Manufacturing Operations & Warehouse
Overall Objective of the Job
Reporting to Manager – Manufacturing Operations & Warehouse, the manager will develop and monitor the production plans, and activities in respect of capital, material, utility, and human resources. He/She will manage employee performance to ensure optimal productivity levels.
- Forecast, plan, implement and control production schedule for the job and review and adjust where necessary.
- Determine the human and material resources required and manage them to meet production targets.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Implement standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to
- Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Work with the warehouse team to forecast and plan for present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Liaise with the technical department on decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced
- Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels
- Review production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Manage safety by addressing both physical and employee behavioral related safety issues to ensure minimum unsafe incidents at workplace and compliance with legislation
- Train and upskill the Production team to ensure highly skilled and trained staff in line with business needs.
- Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Process or Plastics Moulding Engineering.
- 10 years minimum experience as a Production Manager or Technical Manager in Plastic Manufacturing Industry 3 years in a managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of ISO Systems, Kaizen, Quality Systems and standard health and safety
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of mechanical equipment and the ability to diagnose and correct equipment malfunction.
- Knowledge of plastics injection molding machine operations, basics of mold design and utilities
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- High aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to motivate, constructively criticize and build high production teams through exemplary leadership.
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgent and important.
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills
- Problem solving
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- Keen attention to detail and result oriented
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Assertive, aggressive, and proactive
- Planning, presentation, interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills
How to Apply
Apply here for the Manufacturing Manager Job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.