Livestock Production Officers Job, County Government Kenya Jobs 2022,
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the various County Department as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND IRRIGATION
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION OFFICERS, JG ‘K’ FIVE (5) POSTS
REF MCPSB /MOL/2022/03/02
Terms of service –Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of the implementation of livestock development policies in the county;
- Management of the sub county livestock offices;
- Coordination of extension activities including field days, field demonstration and drainage in the sub county;
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of sub county work plans and budgets;
- Coordinate the preparation of sub county periodic reports (livestock);
- Promote and Coordinate collaboration among stakeholders in the delivery of Livestock services in the sub county;
- Monitoring and evaluation of livestock programmes in the sub county;
- Preparing technical papers and reports for professional forum, workshops, seminar and meetings;
- Provide technical advice and information in animal production, livestock marketing and value addition;
- Implementing livestock policies, projects and programmes in the sub county; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution; and
- At least two (2) years relevant work experience;
- Possess good Oral and written communication skills;
- Be a Member of a recognized professional body relating to Livestock Production or animal Health;
- Be a Team Player, Positive Change Manager and Result Oriented Personality;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
- Must satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.