Livestock Production Deputy Director Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2022,
Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in the various County Department as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND IRRIGATION
DEPUTY DIRECTOR LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION, JG ‘Q’ ONE (1) POST
REF MCPSB /MOL/2022/03/01
Terms of service –Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits;
- Participating in development of public/private initiatives and overall policy formulation;
- Preparing technical information in animal production, livestock marketing range management, apiculture, and ranching;
- Promoting economic livestock farming; resourcing in technical workshops and seminars;
- Researching, inventing and advising on livestock production technologies and techniques;
- Developing livestock production programmes/projects;
- Preparing agribusiness, ranch and farm plans: establishing linkages with research institutions and other stakeholders on livestock production matters;
- Coordinating conservation and utilization of range resources.
- Overseeing extension activities;
- Overseeing the implementation of livestock programmes;
- Preparing technical papers and reports for professional forums and symposia; and participating in formulation of livestock bi-lateral/multilateral agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agribusiness, Range Management Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized institution;
- Working experience of seven (7) years in public or private sector three years in senior management position
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Apiculture, Food Science and Technology, Agriculture and Home Economics, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, Agricultural Extension, Animal Breeding and Genetics or Animal Nutrition from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution is added advantage;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and Shown outstanding administrative capability and professional competence required in managing livestock production services.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in Mandera County employment application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity card. The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office.
No online application will be accepted. Mandera County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and corruption free entity.
Incomplete application form will not be accepted and giving false information in the application form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County Government employments application form.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 18th March, 2022 at 4.00pm.
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position applied for and vacancy number and;
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.