Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They seek to hire an experienced individual to lead and drive the factory’s asset care program with focus on OEE improvement (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and best practice maintenance and process improvement techniques through all process streams.
S/He will be involved in planning, organizing and controlling engineering resource in order to meet manufacturing and projects support requirements and ensuring delivery on time and in budget.
Gross Salary: 140k – 200k
- Respond proactively to site facilities requirements and maintain a strong robust and effective maintenance plan for all facilities ensuring that all food safety, site safety and regulatory requirements are fully supported by such plans.
- Diligently manage the site facilities budget ensuring that deviations to plans are fully mitigated against and proactively communicated to the head of department.
- Diligently manage contractors on site ensuring a high level of professionalism in their work while adopting a Right First Time approach to fully eliminate rework and repeat jobs
- Liaise with other head of departments to ensure that the right facilities management standards are applied without any exclusion across the factory.
- Ensure that the right standards and technology for civil works is applied on site so as to guarantee the business value for money.
- Delivery of all TIP’s, work packages and cost optimization through effective use of staff and resources.
- Ensure the coordination and delivery of the factory Asset Care program through using TPM/PPM activities, auditing techniques and identification of areas of improvement.
- Ensure communication across relevant business functions of technical issues and ensure effective planning of downtime and resources for all engineering related activities.
- Ensure technical reports are completed and in full, ensure monthly data outputs are presented, updated and displayed as necessary.
- Ensure cost effectiveness of all spares inventory, maintain technical stores and identify/order any spare parts to reduce downtime risk required within budgetary controls.
- Lead process improvement activities with a solid background in Kaizen Techniques supplemented by Value add Value Engineering
- Analysing workforce utilization, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- Manages maintenance cost and processes optimization and effectiveness
- Graduate Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil)
- Certified by Engineers Board of Kenya
- Certification by the Institution of Engineers of Kenya will be an added advantage
- Over 7 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy manufacturing/FMCG set up preferably in the plastics industry.
- Training in Hygienic plant practices
- Training in Plant Maintenance best practices
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Knowledge of systems standards of Injection Molding field
- Computer literacy
How to Apply