Registered Nurse Job, Nursing Job Vacancies In Kenya, County Government Kenyan Jobs,
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
REGISTERED NURSE I — CRITICAL CARE (9 POSTS) Job Group K
Terms of Service: Three (3) year contract
Salary Scale: Kshs 38,270 X 1,470 — 39,740 X 1,520 — 41,260 X 1,710 — 42,970 X 1,920 —
44,890 X 2,000 — 46,890 X 2,110 — 49,000 X 2,170 — 51,170 p.m
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Diagnosing common health conditions;
- Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
- Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment
- Collecting and collating data for research;
- Evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients and preparing individualized reports;
- Conducting assessment of schools health needs;
- Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports;
- Identifying occupational health needs and making appropriate
- In addition to the above general duties, the officer at this level will be responsible for care of patients (paediatrics and adults) who require critical care nursing. Specific duties will include:
- Assessment and nursing care of patients
- Initiation of patient care and machine monitoring in the critical care unit.
- Nursing care prior to and following specialised surgery.
- Organizing for and coordinating training for staff on critical
- Ensuring a safe environment for care of patients
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Be a Kenyan
- Served in the grade of Registered Nurse for a minimum period of three years:
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community, Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Critical care nursing from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing Dully filled Makueni Job Application Form, Current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, 23rd September, 2021.
- The Job Application Form can be downloaded from the County Public Service Board website; www.makuenipsb.go.ke
- Candidates should attach relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card, practice licence and professional registration certificate (where necessary).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Payment of any form of fee will lead to automatic disqualification.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.