Principal Communications Officer Jobs at Makueni County
Principal Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- Development and distribution of press releases and other materials to the media;
- Coordinating and organizing press teams for prompt and effective coverage of the Governor’s and Deputy Governor’s functions;
- Drafting speeches and talking notes for the Governor;
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the public;
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern;
- Scheduling interviews with government officials;
- Managing assigned projects/programmes;
- Assisting in building corporate relations;
- Undertaking media monitoring;
- Participating in event organization and management; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Qualifications for the Principal Communications Officer
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a University recognized in Kenya and a post-graduate qualification in any of the following: Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies/Science or a related field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- KCSE Grade C+ and above.
- Have working experience of not less than 5 years preferably in Communication and/or Public Relations.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Should have good attention to detail and good relationship management skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of public service as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Makueni County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 49 – 90300,
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 5th October 2017.
NOTE:All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.