Communications Officer Jobs at Makueni County
Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assisting in building corporate relations;
- Developing content on topical issues for uploading onto the government website;
- Undertaking media monitoring;
- Assisting in the preparation of media reviews, briefs, press releases/statements and supplements;
- Assisting in sourcing for appropriate television and radio programmes to disseminate information on activities of the Governor;
- Documenting the Governor’s and Deputy Governor’s events through video, photography and press cuttings;
- Preparing and placement of radio and TV infomercials;
- Maintaining public relations records and documents;
- Participating in event organization and management; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Qualifications for the Communications Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a University recognized in Kenya and a post-graduate qualification in any of the following: Mass Communication, Public Relations,
- Journalism, Media Studies/Science or a related field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- KCSE Grade C+ and above.
- Have working experience of not less than 5 years preferably in Communication and/or Public Relations.
- Should have good attention to detail and good relationship management skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of public service as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Makueni County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 49 – 90300,
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 5th October 2017.
NOTE:All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.