Chief Communications Officer Jobs at Makueni County
Chief Communications Officer Job Responsibilities
- The Chief Communications Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of government communication and media strategy;
- Coordinating public communication services content development and dissemination in line with the County Governments Act, 2012 and the Makueni Vision 2025;
- Providing editorial, strategic, creative and operational support to ensure communication is both influential, informative and builds County brand reputation;
- Drafting, editing and disseminating materials for the press;
- Liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern;
- Managing the updating of the website and social media platforms;
- Planning and creating multi-media communication materials;
- Initiate, develop and maintain good working relationships with media houses, reporters and editors;
- Continuous development of communication content for social media networking platforms;
- Undertake media monitoring and analysis and offer timely response;
- Preparing or overseeing the preparation of a diverse range of information and communication products;
- Planning and overseeing maintenance of publicly accessible information material on the government and its plans, policies, activities and achievements;
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations in the directorate;
- Providing procedural and technical advice to staff;
- Mentoring and supervising junior staff; and
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Qualifications for the Chief Communications Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a University recognized in Kenya and a post-graduate qualification in any of the following: Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies/Science or a related field.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- KCSE Grade C+ and above.
- Working experience as a Sub Editor in a media house will be an added advantage.
- Have working experience of not less than 5 years preferably in Communication and/or Public Relations.
- Should have good attention to detail and good relationship management skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of public service as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Makueni County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 49 – 90300,
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 5th October 2017.
NOTE:All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.