Maintenance Technician Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Winnie’s Pure Health Jobs
Reports To: Production & Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine factory maintenance tasks to maintain the manufacturing plant, equipment and facilities in good working order and improving equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failure (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR). This is to be achieved through performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the factory’s business goals and objectives.
Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. repairing pallets, preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make necessary adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Inspect newly acquired equipment upon arrival, checking every part to be sure that they are working and meet up with industry standards before they are used in the factory
- Carry out routine servicing of equipment as part of measures to prevent breakdowns and malfunctions, which could thwart production activities.
- Keep record of maintenance activities to track the lifespan of equipment, maintenance costs and performance metrics.
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine specific malfunctioning issues and tackle them accordingly
- Communicate with management or contractors to inform them about equipment faults and best maintenance techniques to implement for maximum performance.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Identify spares requirements and control / monitor usage.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Diagnose and replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using appropriate hand-tools.
- Minor fabrications for process improvements, automation and autonomations
- Any other duties as directed by the company management (Production & Operations Manager and/or Directors).
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties with the appropriate PPEs
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas; full use of logout/tagout procedures
- Strictly abide by safety regulations during manufacturing activities, keeping equipment in check to avoid mechanical hazards that could cause harm to operators and workers.
- Teach workers how to operate equipment to avoid pressing the wrong buttons that could trigger accidents, which could lead to casualties.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Asset Care & Improvement – nil unreported breakdowns,
- Maintenance Cost – sustain an average below 2% of total revenue
- Plant Performance & Efficiency – achieve 95% Performance, 75% OEE, 40% Capacity Utilization*
- Systems – full implementation of Preventive/Scheduled Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, SMED
- Maintenance Capturing & Data Control – On Time Preparation, entry and filing of Maintenance Documents & Records
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Good welding skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of electrical, automated (and semi-automated) manufacturing processes and other systems
- Ability to interpret and work with PLC units
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Assertive and proactive and
- Planning, coordinating and organizing skills
- Diploma/HND in Engineering or related course
- At least 2 years working experience
- Knowledge and experience in ISO & GMP
- Training in Kaizen/Six Sigma/TPM an added advantage
How To Apply
Send your applications to [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.