Maintenance Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Viscar Capacity Jobs
Purpose of the Job
The job holder will be in charge of the entire factory and machinery maintenance, hands-on engineering, installation, commissioning, technical trouble shooting, problem solving, engineering and spares stores and supervising technical staff.
Key Measures on Performance
- Machine Downtime not more than 2hrs per week per machine. This includes scheduled downtime for maintenance, setups and unscheduled downtime and can include machine changeover.
- Maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness ensuring Machine Efficiency at 85% minimum per day– Maximize this percentage so that employees are adding value the majority of the time they are clocked in and present.
- Unscheduled Down Time – Scheduled and predictive maintenance to times with low production minimizing impact on production. There are wireless sensors you can use which can help support predictive maintenance to reduce unscheduled downtime
- Managing the operation and maintenance of blow, injection, extrusion, printing, labeling machines, automation systems, moulds for production, chillers, cooling towers, air systems (air compressors, air receivers and related components), power and lighting systems, generators, HT/LT power panels, HVAC system (Transformers), water storage systems, plumbing systems, pumps and motors, fire alarm systems, communication and IT equipment.
- Ensure that all documentation and procedures are followed in line with ISO
- Sourcing of spares and services from different suppliers/distributors to ensure their availability to ensure minimum down time on machinery, plant and equipment’s.
- Carrying out quality inspections on maintenance jobs
- Prepare requirements and ensure availability of maintenance work spares, materials and personnel and maintain comprehensive records of stocks and maintenance carried out
- Evaluating job cards and optimal resource utilization, response time monitoring
- Arranging third party contractors for jobs that cannot be handled in house
- Controlling maintenance stores, tools, spares stores and equipment.
- Foster a Culture in which all Company employees share common purpose & comply with applicable laws & our Guiding Principles
- Complies with corporate standards and applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies;
- Establishes goals & objectives for the maintenance department that are aligned with production & business goals;
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained to meet production schedules & quality standards;
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, electrical power supply and control circuits.
- Program and troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Oversee the mold, pin and other mechanical changes.
- Maintain machines in optimal processing condition.
- Plan and perform hydraulic checks and changes on valves, hoses and pumps.
- Plan and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all related equipment.
- Perform welding and fabrication as needed.
- Solicit information and feedback from other departments toward repair and efficient operation of machines.
- Accountable for improving equipment availability and for the advancement of preventative and predictive maintenance programs as well as the achievement of plant reliability excellence;
- Accountable for efficient utilization of maintenance technicians and equipment and advancing the planning and scheduling processes;
- Initiates and drives improvements via training programs, capital projects, and other means available to continually focus on productivity and control of maintenance & capital spend;
- Analyze maintenance problems & devise & implement corrective action plans;
- Develop & maintain parts inventory system to ensure control & proper levels of spare parts;
- Evaluate employee’s performance to determine training needs & development opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
Job Specifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree electrical/ mechanical / Plant engineering
- Accounting or experience with budgets desired
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in high output plastics manufacturing environment with in depth knowledge of hydraulic electrical equipment
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working in maintenance field as supervisor or manager with direct report
Skills and Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Time Management.
- Root Cause Analysis Safety Awareness & Intervention Problem Solving.
- Developing Structure & Direction Setting Performance Goals.
- Creating a Learning Environment Influencing, People Development.
- Managed Quality Improvement Build & Lead Teams.
- Preventive & Predictive Maintenance.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively assess situations and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to analyse skills of team members and recognize their strengths and areas of development.
- Professionalism and dedication to excellence in customer care.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications mentioned above are encouraged to apply by sending an updated CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the Job Position in the SUBJECT line not later than 27th July 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.