Maintenance Engineer Job at Reeds Africa Consult
Our client a leading FMCG company based in Mombasa is looking to hire a Maintenance Engineer.
To ensure all Production plants are in good working condition at all times and breakdowns are minimized through preventive maintenance schedules. Breakdowns should also be attended to in the least possible time so as to maximized production from the plants.
- Maintenance of Generators, boilers both fire tube and oil, chillers, air coolers, pumps, gearbox, blowers, compressors, power plant auxiliaries and other machines in the plants in coordination with the production team to minimize downtime.
- Continuous follow-up and proper scheduling of Preventive Maintenance for all plants including instruments
- Efficient spares and stores management
- Ensuring 95% machine availability
- Work order management system
- A flagging system should be introduced and implementation on attending all flagged areas immediately.
- Training of subordinates and efficient manpower utilization
- Waste Minimization
- Maintenance of generators, compressors, water chillers and air coolers, Pumps, Blowers, alignment
- During breakdown, dismantle, diagnose and repair in the least possible time to avoid loss of production
- Diagnose problems with forklift, then refer to the transport department for any repairs.
- Lifting of the equipment’s on the site when required for project completion.
- Allocation of staff to complete tasks required in the department and monitoring of manpower utilization.
- Preventive maintenance schedules for all above equipment’s should be put in place.
- Ensure all spare parts are correctly stored and easily available at the shortest possible time. Records and stocks need to maintained for efficient resolution of breakdowns
- Staff training in correct procedures during maintenance jobs taking place
- Safety of the staff at all times to be ensured.
- 5S and housekeeping to be maintained in the workshop and all surrounding areas
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in the Manufacturing sector
- Experience in Plant Maintenance especially pumps, diesel engines, compressors, refrigeration, gearbox, Boilers, and power plant auxiliaries
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering and plant is an added advantage.
- Attention to detail, good planning of schedule, knowledge of engineering tools, safety and health awareness, ability to think fast on feet, driving skills
Person Specification Skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle a large number of tasks at the same time
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and address key issues Sound financial management and budgeting skills with the ability to monitor Variances
- High level of computer and numeracy skills and comfort working with numbers, attention to detail
- Sound database management and operation skills with the ability to extract critical information
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence people
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 30th December 2018 through the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.