Reefer Supervisor Job, Latest Engineering Jobs Kenya,
- Maersk is currently looking to hire a candidate to take up the role as Reefer Supervisor in Mombasa.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Equipment maintenance, repair of refrigerated containers and generators(gensets) according to manufactures specifications and client’s standards.
- Ensuring that reefer/genset technicians are performing their job efficiently keeping a watch on safe operations) and providing training to new technicians.
- Assist and Participate in any internal or external audits
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Refrigerated containers and refrigeration systems
- Gain valuable experience while being part of Maersk
- Relevant next career steps might be:
- Reefer Manager in a bigger site, area
- Terminal functional position
- Supervise the workshop team and ensure they deliver on all their KPI’s
- Coordinating with yard operations for placement and removal of refrigerated containers from the working area.
- Perform Maintenance and Repairs on the different manufactured Refrigerated Containers which includes: Star cool, Daikin, Thermoking and Carrier Containers.
- The incumbent will be responsible for meeting daily targets, including managing third-Party clients and meeting operational KPI’S.
- Coordinate all pre-trip inspection, minor repairs of refrigerated containers and generator sets as per standard operating procedure in place.
- The Incumbent will also implement and conform to all Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure close coordination with EMR team to avoid communication gaps and customer upsets that may result from poor coordination.
- Sending weekly, monthly report of all reefer activities and generator sets handled at the reefer depot.
- Ensuring all tasks are accorded the urgency they need, mail attended to promptly.
- Plan for timely call outs for minor repairs for refrigerated containers and generator sets that may have passed PTI but failed at the port.
- Ensure all repairs are captured and accounted for in MERC Plus.
- Achieve Daily Targets.
- Cost Driven.
- Perform Reefer repairs according to Customer standards and requirements.
- Ensure all third-Party Units Estimated within 48 hrs of entering the Depot.
- Ensure all Maersk Reefer Units Estimated within 2 days of entering the Depot.
- Manage OOS according to Customer KPI’s set for Depot operations.
Health and Safety:
- Observing and adhering to HSSE procedure in place including using appropriate working tools and personal protective equipment and conforms to Global Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensuring that the reefer cleaning area, genset storage racks, reefer spares stores are always clean and tidy
- The successful candidate must conform to Company Health and Safety rules and Regulations and be responsible for adhering and completing actions in Gizmo.
We are looking for
- (IPE Factor: Knowledge) Diploma or certification in refrigeration/electrical/Mechanical
- 4+ years’ experience as a Reefer Technician
- Extensive knowledge in repairing refrigerated containers/systems both mechanical and structural
- Knowledge of container business and related functions
- Ability to work independently and take initiative/be proactive
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with staff, customers, service providers etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Fluency in English
DEADLINE: 23RD MARCH 2022
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.