Finance Business Partner Job, Finance Jobs in Kenya 2022,
Eastern Africa Area
The core of this role is to come closer to the business to understand the breadth and depth of what goes on within the daily workings of the business they support.
This role will step away from the routine elements of just providing Data and Reports towards bringing value through insights, recommendations, and impact to the business with the aim of enabling the business with clear analysis & providing a clear view of the available options that are backed by data. The tough choices being made have to be data driven to ensure that this is the best call for the business.
To ensure success, the FBP will partner with Functions and Area Leadership to break down large problems into smaller fragments and partner with the business through resolution of these problems.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to provide performance management, financial analytics and decision support to the Area MD and Area Leadership Teams. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to challenge and contribute to more data driven decisions within the Area Leadership Teams thereby ensuring lowest possible cost of execution.
As part of a dynamic global network, you will be working closely together with the leadership team in Eastern Africa Area, your peers across the world as well as with senior stakeholders in the commercial organization throughout Africa Region.
Our ideal candidate has a solid background in business controlling, a thorough understanding of operational and financial processes and a drive to achieve results through others. If you have what it takes, we look forward to receiving your application!
- WWWT – Market Share analysis – Ensure full market share data for the area is available and the changes if any analysed with further deep dive into the causes of changes
- Analyse CFS businesses profitability and ensure to take corrective and advisory actions with strong data driven approach
- Train the Accounting managers and other team members in various aspects of business like Cube, Inland engine, Aspire, Budgeting
- Market Share: Ensure full visibility on market share developments versus targets within a standard framework and analyse key drivers for market developments and conduct needed forecasts and gap analysis
- Business Cases: Ensure that complete business cases are in place for different projects across area port coverage, investment memos and approvals , new inland offerings including CFS and warehouses, Profit tracking of the Warehousing business , Investment follow up of the past projects
- Target Setting: Coordinate target setting for both SG&A and L&S and quarterly RoFo process for the Area to ensure that both short- and long-term strategic priorities are catered for. Granular and bottom up budgeting at country/ entity and cost center level.
- SG&A budgeting in Aspire Tool, providing clarity of Sg&A budget between the total business, L&S business and all segments of business
- Tracking of budget against actual and taking corrective actions to ensure entity stick to the budget
- Segregation of multiple CFS /activities within the same entity and ensuring performance management of all units separately.
- L&S Performance management: of agreed upon actions to ensure that each action can be measured on a concrete outcome.
- MOS: Responsible for providing required data and analytics for weekly/monthly flow of MOS including Monthly performance Calls. Ensure full coordination with Regional FBP on all aspects of business. Communicate performance throughout the organization using standard Tiger and global Reports to ensure everyone has the same understanding of Sales performance. Standardize the reporting landscape, establishing and maintaining the standard reporting requirements on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Boxi/FBR super user: Provide training and review standard report requirements/enhancements with Region and CEN. Applications TBD.
- Best practices: Share and ensure local adoption of best practices across Areas, Regions and Centre including cross-regional work assignments and acting as a focal point for Region and Centre standardization initiatives.
- Credit management of customers including approval of credits as per organisational rules
- Keep control of the receivables across the area and drive the collections
- Custodian of the investment trackers in coordination with CFO and ensuring full alignment with country / area team
- Custodian of the Area authority matrix; Review the global authority matrix and align with local authorities. Provide guidance and clarity on the various authorities in the Area.
- FTE review and alignment with HR and CFO. Coordinating with HR to ensure efficient FTE target setting, periodic review and coordination with region HR and CFO to ensure proper visibility.
- Ensuring proper provision of staff related costs
- Analyze the processes of booking cost and revenue and take corrective actions where needed in the L&S business
We are looking for
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics/ACCA/CFA/CA
- CPA Qualification and membership to a Professional Body
- Minimum 5 years of relevant financial experience as an FBP with a multinational organisation, working as part of a business leadership team or in a consulting firm.
- Experience of working within a Sales, Product or Pricing environment would be an added advantage
- Proven ability to influence without authority and engage confidently with leaders at all levels.
- Possess analytical skills and detailed orientation.
- Timeline oriented and ability to deliver within given timeline , Ability to work with multiple timelines and able to sustain the peaks of business needs
- Demonstrate business knowledge
- An excellent command of spoken and written English
- Possess a strong understanding of the cost and revenue drivers within logistics industry
- Ambition and drive to excel together with others.
- Alignment with our values
- An international mind-set and inclusive behaviour.
- You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
- You are a team player with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
- You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI and SAP systems is a plus
DEADLINE: 20TH MARCH 2022
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.