Area Equipment, Maintenance & Repair Manager – EAF Job, Latest Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Would you like to be part of a value-driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day? As the Area Equipment, Maintenance & Repair (EMR) Manager for East Africa, you will aim to ensure we meet our Customers’ Equipment needs and play a key part in driving the Area Business Plans forward.
WHAT WE OFFER:
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication, and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the marketplace in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Ocean & Logistics EQU release and inland positioning, as well as EMR execution and Vendor performance management.
- Ensure Cost & Quality and alignment with Global Objectives and Operating System.
- Ensure equipment supply and evacuation as per agreed plan.
- Ensure optimal equipment utilisation in line with the empty flow plan through an Equipment team.
- Ensure that planning is executed at efficient stock level and that export volumes are sufficiently covered.
- Ensure that containers are in right condition to serve our customers’ export needs.
- Responsible for operational execution related to regional EMR activities, ensuring lowest cost and highest quality.
- Responsible for Regional EMR direction setting and operating system, ensuring same is aligned with global blueprints.
- Responsible for Regional and local performance management as outlined by the global objectives and KPIs.
- Responsible for Regional and local project management in relations to improving capacity, quality or cost.
- Ensure the overall utilization of available capacity to ship for empty equipment.
- Realise significant empty positioning cost and EMR savings for the Area.
- Manage long standings for the Area and drive reductions in all age categories.
- Manage relevant systems to ensure data integrity.
- Excellent customer orientation and ensures that a customer-centric mindset is embedded across the Team.
- Ability to drive metrics behind equipment Availability and Quality
- Passion for leading a dynamic team and spending time developing and coaching direct reports.
- Ability to drive a solid cost leadership agenda with a firm hand on ensuring that opportunities for saving are explored and implemented.
- Process-driven mindset, curious to learn, willing to grow and see opportunities in problems.
- A mindset focused on standardization as well as continuous improvement.
- Ability to build professional and constructive cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset with a demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems, analyze the root cause and then define as well as implement the solutions.
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
If the above information sounds good to you, please apply by clicking on the “Apply Now” button on the top of the page.