Would you like to be part of a value driven, commercially oriented international environment where we enable global trade every day?
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication, and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the marketplace in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness, we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Area Customs House Brockerage Product Manager has the responsibility for driving product growth in accordance with Maersk integrator vision, Area Business Plan and Global product strategy. This position collaborates with commercial teams (e.g. Sales, Customer Experience, Procurement) within Maersk in East Africa. TheArea Customs House Brockerage Product Manager develops and execute product strategy within their area, working with commercial and operations teams to drive growth and meet customer expectations. Responsible for ensuring the area sales force has up-to-date product knowledge and provides subject matter expertise to target customers and verticals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive Growth and support delivery of superior Customer Experience
- Must be conversant with the KRA clearance procedures
- Builds a Product strategy that links with Global strategy and overall vision as outlined under Area Business Plans
- Works closely with sales to develop value proposition that addresses customer pain points and for specific verticals
- Actively involved in selling and securing new business and customer retention
- Participate in customer Quartey Business Reviews
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver a superior customer experience – from tender (RFIs – Request for information / RFQs – Request for quotes) to customer implementation
- Act as the conduit between local customers and customs services execution
Commercial enablement and compliance
- Develop local content for product training
- Work closely with Sales and other product managers to develop integrated solutions as part of “hunting team”
- Deliver Product training across functions including training for new hires and ongoing training requires to ensure up-to-date product knowledge
- Ensure our delivery is in compliant to local and integral rules & regulations
Support product development and improvement
- Provide Global Product and Growth Manager with input for innovation and feedback to support local product development.
- Work with CX to attain customer insights and build new value-add services ensuring customer needs are met in line with market maturity
- Area Product Profitability (Gross Profit, EBIT, Product Direct Profit and Volumes)
- Achieve Area customs services growth target
- Deliver pipeline growth forecasts
- Customer retention
- Net promoter score
- Providing domestic and cross border related technical customs and clearance advice
- Preferable Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Commerce/Law from a recognized institution
How to Apply
CHB Product Manager